MASSACHUSETTS BAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
A. COMPOSITION AND FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
1. The composition, functions, duties, responsibilities and authority of the Board of
Trustees shall be provided and authorized by the laws of the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts as are in effect from time to time.
2. The Board of Trustees, hereinafter referred to as the Board, shall consist of
ELEVEN (11) (Amendment 10/12/82) persons.
3. Trustees appointed by the Governor shall normally serve for five year terms, and
shall be staggered in their appointment. Trustees may be appointed for two
consecutive terms. (Amendment 9/95).
4. A Student Trustee shall be elected by the student body in the spring semester to
assume MASSACHUSETTS BAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
5. To consult with the President, and to
F. No member of the Board may receive compensati
10. Rules of Order: Unless otherwise spe
recommendations to the Bo
actions taken by the President wi